Filing The Claim with Texas Fair Plan Association Provider
Policy holders with insurance through the Texas Fair Plan Association must call 1-800-979-6440 to file a claim. Choose option 1 when the automated system begins. It is important, according to the company website, to file the claim as soon as possible after the incident.
Texas Fair Plan Association was created to help customers purchase home or property insurance when no other insurance companies are willing to cover the property. The property cannot be owned by a business or be unoccupied – only occupied, personal properties are eligible for coverage. Individuals cannot apply for home insurance without an authorized, licensed insurance agent to file the application.
About a Texas Fair Plan Association Plan
Customers can register for online account access to make payments. Alternatively, there is a payment address listed on the official website where payments can be sent. Premium payment schedules will differ between customers, but many choose to make monthly payments.
The Texas Fair Plan coverage will not be as comprehensive as coverage purchased in the open marketplace. Coverage includes:
- Dwelling: Provides actual cash value coverage up to $1 million. Actual cash value is determined by subtracting depreciation from replacement cost.
- External Structure Coverage: 10% of the total calculated dwelling coverage.
- Personal Property: If you have an HO-A insurance policy your coverage will be between 50 and 70% of total calculated dwelling coverage. TDP-1 policies can be purchased with an optional 50% of total calculated dwelling coverage.
- Liability: Financial protection with limits of $100,000 or $300,000.
- Medical Payments: Pays medical bills for injuries that occur on an insured property up to $5,000. Residents of the property are not covered.
- Loss of Use: Supports the insured’s living expenses, up to 10% of total calculated dwelling coverage, in the case the property has sustained damage to the point it is no longer habitable.
Where to Get a Quote: Texas Fair Plan Association Contact Info & Login
By phone (customer service and claims): 1-800-979-6440
By phone (local): 1-515-505-2200
By phone (fax): 1-800-979-6442
By email (agency): email@example.com
By email (claims): firstname.lastname@example.org
By mail (customer service):
Texas Fair Plan Association P.O. Box 99080 Austin, TX 78709
By mail (overnight address):
Texas Fair Plan Association 5700 S. MoPac Expressway Bldg. A Austin, TX 78749
By mail (payments):
Texas Fair Plan Association P.O. 732092 Dallas, TX 75373
Official website: http://texasfairplan.org/
Inquire about your Texas Fair Plan Association claim status: To check the status of your Texas Fair Plan Association claim call 1-800-979-6440 or 1-512-505-2200, locally.