How to File A Claim With GMAC
Filing The Claim With GMAC Provider
As a policyholder of GMAC auto insurance, you can follow the process of filing a claim by visiting the official website http://www.nationalgeneral.com/claims-center/default.asp. You have the ability to file a claim through the official claims website or by sending in your claim through the mail.
GMAC is primarily known as a mortgage specialist, but in 2013, the company changed its name to National General Insurance. The company is currently one of the largest automobile insures in the United States. With more than 70 years of experience, GMAC remains committed to serving millions of customers nationwide.
About A GMAC Plan
Customers are billed on a monthly basis. GMAC auto insurance customers can also choose from bi-monthly, quarterly and yearly billing.
Policyholders of GMAC auto insurance can choose from the following types of coverage:
- Bodily Injury Liability: In the event you are involved in an accident and your motor vehicle causes damage, this type of coverage covers the costs. This type of coverage also helps with legal fees and court costs.
- Property Damage Liability: This type of coverage helps with expenses when your vehicle damages another person’s property. Check with your agent to ensure you have the minimum required amount based upon your state of residence.
- Collision: In the event your vehicle is damaged by another vehicle or by a rollover, the coverage covers the cost, regardless of who is at fault. You may need to pay a deductible first.
- Comprehensive: This type of coverage covers the cost of damage other than collision. Examples of damage include natural disasters, falling objects, vandalism and theft.
- Medical Payments: If your vehicle is covered, medical payments help cover the cost of medical expenses resulting from an accident.
- Uninsured Motorist Coverage: This type of coverage covers the cost of the accident in the event the other motorist does not have auto insurance.
- Underinsured Motorist Coverage: If you are involved in an accident and the other motorist does not have a sufficient amount of auto insurance or you are involved in a hit-and-run, this type of coverage covers the costs.
- Personal Injury Protection: Regardless of who is at fault in an accident, this type of coverage covers the cost of lost wages, medical expenses and replacement services.
Where to Get a Quote: GMAC Contact Info & Login
Contact Information for GMAC
By Phone: Call the GMAC customer service team Monday through Friday at 1-800-847-2886 or 1-888-233-4575.
By Email: General questions and concerns relating to your auto insurance claim can be directed to http://www.nationalgeneral.com/claims-center/default.asp.
By Mail: Customers can send correspondence to the customer service team here:
National General Insurance
GMAC 59 Maiden Lane 38th Floor New York, NY 10038
Official Website: http://www.nationalgeneral.com/
Inquire About Your GMAC Claim Status:
You have the ability to check the status of your GMAC claim by visiting the official claims website here http://www.nationalgeneral.com/claims-center/default.asp. You can also check the status of your claim by signing into your GMAC account.