American Home Shield Claim
Filing The Claim with American Home Shield Provider
If you need to file a claim for service with American Home Shield visit http://www.ahs.com/homeowners/service-center/request-service.jsp and click the Request Service button. You will be asked to describe the problem you are having and American Home Shield will contact you with the name of the contractor that will be visiting your home to diagnose the issue. The contractor will then contact American Home Shield to verify the damages are covered by your policy.
American Home Shield is a home insurance company that started business in 1971. Nearly 1.5 million customers in 49 of the 50 states have policies with American Home Shield. Other brands in the company’s family include TruGreen, ServiceMaster Clean and Terminix.
About an American Home Shield Plan
Payments for American Home Shield Plans are made on a monthly basis.
American Home Shield offers several pre-written plans, including the Combo Plan, Systems Plan and Appliances, but customers can also build a personal plan that meets their home coverage and budget needs.
- Combo Plan: Covers all the appliances and primary systems in the home. The combo plan is cheaper than purchasing the Systems Plan and Appliances Plan separately.
- Systems Plan: Covers key systems in the home, including heating, air conditioning, electrical, water heaters and ceiling fans.
- Appliances: Covers major appliances for repair or replacement.
- Build Your Own Plan: Choose individual items to cover based on the systems and appliances in your home. Customers must select a minimum of 10 items covered by American Home Shield for a basic Build Your Own plan.
- Add-Ons: American Home Shield also offers customers add-ons that can be combined with home insurance coverage. Add-ons are perfect for homes with pools, water softeners and septic plumbing.
- Service Call Fees: There are three service call fees to choose from as of August 2013. $75, $100 and $125.
Where to Get a Quote: American Home Shield Contact Info & Login
By phone: 1-888-429-8247
American Home Shield Plan Headquarters 860 Ridge Lake Blvd. Memphis, TN 38135
American Home Shield Attn: Customer Service P.O. Box 849 Carroll, IA 51401
American Home Shield Attn: Invoice Payments P.O. Box 851 Memphis, TN 38101
American Home Shield Attn: Billing Department P.O. Box 2803 Memphis, TN 38101
Official website: http://www.ahs.com/homeowners/
Check on your claim status: You can log in to your account at https://www.ahswarranty.com/SignInStepForUser.aspx to check the status of your claim. Customer service can also talk with you about claim status at 1-800-776-4663.